Watch: Virat Kohli on MS Dhoni’s role in taking over captaincy, his epic 183 against Pakistan & more

Virat Kohli on Saturday said his elevation to captaincy has a lot to do with keenly observing Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s cricket acumen for many years in an interview with India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin on his Instagram Live chat series Reminiscence with Ash.

Kohli said he was always keen on taking responsibility and becoming the India captain was a part of that process as he picked Dhoni’s brains on tactical moves.

The 31-year-old also spoke about his transition as captain from leading the U-19 side to the senior team, and his highest One-Day International score of 183 that he scored against Pakistan in Dhaka during the 2012 Asia Cup.

Excerpts from the chat:

On transition as captain from leading India U-19 team to senior team:

I was someone who loved taking responsibility. I became captain of the U-19 team in one tour before the World Cup that we won, I wasn’t captain before that. I captained my club team, state team and then Ranji trophy after that with the seniors around. I think some things are destined to be. I remember many talented players who did not make the cut. That’s an unfortunate part of our sport. I looked at it this way, if I’m getting the opportunity, I need to work...

Read more



from Scroll.in https://ift.tt/3eAj2HS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

इलेक्ट्रॉनिक मास्क से लेकर सस्ते स्मार्टफोन तक, इस हफ्ते लॉन्च हुए कई स्मार्ट गैजेट; BS6 इंजन के साथ बाजार में आई होंडा जैज, महिंद्रा माराजो और डुकाटी की सुपरबाइक

Hathras gangrape: CM Adityanath criticises Opposition for protests, calls it ‘conspiracies’

On English-medium education, India is having the same debates it did 200 years ago