सॉफ्ट और टेस्टी दही वडा ऐसे बनाओगे तो उंगलिया चाटते रह जाओगे | Dahi Vada Ki Recipe
it turns out just like the ones you get in market it turns out so soft and juicy it melts in your mouth
along with the recipe, I will keep giving you the tips and tricks to make perfect Dahi Vadas so let's begin with the recipe I have taken one cup of black split lentil without skin which I have soaked in water for 4-6 hours if you want you can soak it overnight also I have soaked it for approximately 5 hours you can see it has puffed up well here comes the first important tip which you need to keep in mind you have to strain the extra water out completely from it.
after that transfer, it into a blender jar if the quantity of lentil is too much then blend it in two batches
while grinding it just add 1-2 tablespoon water if you add too much water at this stage the batter of the vada will turn really soft and while frying it will soak lot of oil and your Dahi Vada's will turn out very soggy my first batch has been grinder it's a very fine paste I used only 2 tablespoon of water while grinding it transfer it into a bowl keep in mind to transfer it into a big sized bowl because we have to whip it and while whipping the batter we will need space now I will grind the second batch and will transfer it in the same bowl transfer the second batch as well let me show the consistency of batter at this stage I added only 2-3 tablespoon of water while grinding it but if you haven't used any amount of water while grinding it you can now add 2-3 tablespoon water to adjust the consistency second important thing to keep in mind is how to whip this batter because whipping the batter will only make the Vada's soft and spongy let's start the whipping let me show you guys how to whip this batter we will whip the batter with hands to get the best result (like this).
keep whipping from one direction, as I am doing here you need to whip this batter at least for 8-10 mins or until it becomes little lighter and fluffy this process will fill the air into the batter and in result our Vada's will turns out super soft and light it's been 8 mins the color of the batter has become little lighter and the batter has also become lighter in weight, you can tell from the texture too. now, how to check whether it is the right stage for frying or not take one portion of the batter and drop it in a water-filled bowl, like this if it floats on the surface of the water it means the batter is perfectly ready and another trick to check whether it is perfectly whipped or not is take the batter in your hand and try to drop it down in the bowl see it has the same texture as of whipped cream the batter is not dropping immediately which means it is the right stage to fry the Vada's before frying add half teaspoon of salt 1 finely chopped green chilly and here goes my favorite ingredient i.e. half teaspoon of cumin seeds.
mix everything well I like only these 3 ingredients in my Dahi Vada but if you want you can add 2 teaspoon of ginger chili paste in this mixture or you can even add some carom seeds that to gives a wonderful flavor and you can also add raisins, if you like the batter is mixed well it is ready to fry.
mix everything well I like only these 3 ingredients in my Dahi Vada but if you want you can add 2 teaspoon of ginger chili paste in this mixture or you can even add some carom seeds that to gives a wonderful flavor and you can also add raisins, if you like the batter is mixed well it is ready to fry.
I have kept oil on consistent medium flame for frying now we will start frying the vadas I have taken a bowl filled with water first of all damp you hand with water so that the batter doesn't get stick then take a portion of the batter like this and drop it into the oil follow the same process and drop the batter balls into the oil, you can keep the size of the vada small or big, as you like just keep wetting your hands with water in between you can do it after dropping 3-4 vadas into the oil I am frying 4 vadas at once.
I am making medium sized vadas it fluffs up a little after frying fry it on medium flame until it turns golden brown in color keep in mind that the flame shouldn't be low while frying the vadas otherwise vadas will soak lot of oil and all the vadas will turn soggy and if you fry the vadas on high flame, they will turn red from outside immediately but from inside it will remain uncooked so keep in mind to fry it on medium flame until they turn golden brown and becomes crispy from outside you can see vadas has been fluffed up normally like when you fry any kind of fritters it has been 4 mins the color has also turned beautiful golden brown and the edges are looking quite crispy let me show you guys the first batch is ready, let's remove it in a plate how yummy they look you can enjoy it at this stage too with some green chutney or coconut chutney I am frying the second batch following the same process remembered one more tip there is a one more trick to check whether the batter is perfectly whipped or not after dropping the batter into oil, they will flip on their own after 5-6 seconds you can see vadas are flipping on their own this means vada's are very light and spongy from inside second batch is also ready, remove it in a plate fried vada's are ready so from one cup of black split lentil (without skin), I have made approximately 15-16 vada's of medium sized if you are going for smaller size, then the quantity will increase let break one piece it is very crunchy and crispy from outside I can hear the sound of crunchiness it is very soft from inside and the texture is quite firm and close this shows how soft it is from inside it has turned out perfectly light and airy keep it aside next take a big bowl of warm water add 1/4th teaspoon of asafoetida mix it well it gives a lovely flavor to the Dahi Vada now add the Luke warm vadas into the Luke warm water add the vadas as much as you can fit in the bowl I have saved some dry vadas to eat later soak the vadas into this water for at least 20-30 mins or until it doubles up in the size or it forms a white layer on the surface meanwhile our vadas are resting,
let's prepare the dahi (curd) I have taken curd prepared from half litres of milk it is homemade curd (Dahi) beat it nicely to make it smooth you can check out my homemade curd, do check it out curd has been beaten nicely I am not putting any water into it because curd should be very thick and sweet that's why I am not adding any amount of water add some salt in it as per your taste and two tablespoon of powdered sugar mix it nicely let's check the status of the soaked vadas you can see how well the vadas are fluffed up it is doubled in size and you can see a white layer on it the color has been turned little white from golden brown which means vadas have been well soaked layer of oil is completely removed now take it between your palms and squeeze the water out lightly I am squeezing it lightly because I like Vadas in round shape but if you like vadas flat, you can squeeze it little hard put it in the serving plate repeat the process with rest of the vadas I have taken 4 vadas for serving now we will spread the prepared curd over it adjust the quantity of curd as you want texture and consistency of the curd is so smooth because I don't add any water sprinkle some red chilie powder some freshly roasted cumin seeds powder I love the flavour of cumin seeds you can also sprinkle some chaat masala now add some fresh homemade green chutney adjust the quantity of green chutney as per your taste then add some sweet and sour tamarind chutney wow, it looks so tempting my mouth started watering while I was adding the chutneys on it so our homemade, soft and spongy dahi vada's are ready to eat.
you can enjoy them immediately with your friends or family until then enjoy this Dahi Vada, HAPPY COOKING.
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup urad dal
Salt
2 green chilies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Oil for frying
Dahi
Green chutney
Imli chutney

Comments